DOZENS of people have contacted the Citizen to report sightings of UFOs in the skies over Fenland following last week's front page picture of some unexplained lights spotted over Wisbech. Among those who rang in was Doreen Annetts from March who said she had seen a similar set of lights as she drove home early on Tuesday morning after dropping her husband off at work.
She spotted the lights over-head as she travelled along the Twenty Foot from Hobbs Lot Bridge at around 5am. Mrs Annetts said the lights were very bright and looked to be in the same formation as those captured on film by a 23-year-old Wisbech man on Monday November 17 and featured in last week's Citizen: “ I knew it wasn't an aeroplane because they usually have various little lights. I'm not somebody who imagines things. ”
• Michael Marshall from Bourne also called to say he had seen the lights. He spotted them from his hill-top home at around 9.15pm on November 18. He said they had come in from an easterly direction and were moving over Wisbech.
• And a Chatteris man said his daughter had captured some lights on her camera phone a couple of months ago. He said they were coloured and there were lots of them.
• A March woman told how she had spotted a bright light track across the sky as she looked out of the bedroom window of her Green Street home. She had believed it was a shooting star at first but then noticed it was leaving a trail behind it. She saw it at around 9pm to 9.30pm on Tuesday.
• And a Wimblington couple also spotted a strange orange light in the sky over their Norfolk Street home. They spotted it at around 10.55pm on Children in Need night. They said the object moved silently through the sky before suddenly disappearing. “ We get a lot of jets over this area and they are noisy. This was quiet and was quite spooky .”
• And finally Reg Wenn from Chatteris sent in a photo of an object he captured from his home in Acre Fen: “ I have been tracking one of these for over 16 years, it appears in the sky south of my home from time to time, I managed to get a picture of it a few weeks back .”
(Top left is original image) Looks suspiciously like camera shake to me.....
“This thing appears and disappears like switching a light on and off.”
Source: Fenland Citizen